DataLab is located on the 3rd floor of Shields Library at the UC Davis campus.
Directions Within Shields Library
- Walk in the main entrance of the library, go up the first set of stairs.
- Go up the second set of stairs on the right side.
- Go through the double doors at the top of the stairs and turn left.
Walk all the way to the end of the corridor.
During business hours, you can enter the different parts of the DataLab as indicated in the floor plan below.
- A: The entrance of the DataLab class room (room 360) is on the far end of the
library near the water fountain and the elevators.
- B: The entrance of the DataLab conference room (for office hours) is to the
right of the exit sign.
- C: The entrance of the DataLab space is on the far end on the right.
- Ring a bell on the wall at either the entrance of the DataLab classroom
(A: room 360) or the DataLab workspace (C) if the entrance is locked.
Note: old signage may say “Data Science Initiative” or “DSI.”
General Directions, Parking & Hours
DataLab is open during business hours according to the University’s calendar. For more information, see the library’s webpage.