DataLab is located on the 3rd floor of Shields Library at the UC Davis campus.
Directions Within Shields Library
- Walk in the main entrance of the library, go up the first set of stairs.
- Go up the second set of stairs on the right side.
- Go through the double doors at the top of the stairs and turn left.
Walk all the way to the end of the corridor.
During business hours, you can enter the different parts of the DataLab as indicated in the floor plan below.
- A: Classroom (Shields 360) entrance is on the far end of the
library near the water fountain and the elevators. We teach workshops, hold office hours and host seminars in this space.
- B: Conference Room (Shields 362) entrance for meetings is to the
right of the exit sign.
- C: Lab entrance is on the far end on the right. (Use the classroom, and not this entrance, if you are coming to attend a workshop or class.)
If the entrance is locked, swipe your keycard (if you are a DataLab Affiliate) or ring the doorbell.
Note: old signage throughout the library may say “Data Science Initiative” or “DSI” as we finalize the transition to our new name of DataLab: Data Science and Informatics.
General Directions, Parking & Hours
DataLab is open during business hours according to the University’s calendar. For more information, see the library’s webpage.
Resources for Visitors