DataLab is hiring two data scientists to join our team! Ideal candidates will have degrees and demonstrable experience in data science and/or related fields, and hands-on knowledge of applying statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems. They will also have expertise with data technologies and visualization, and have worked with various forms of data, including text.
DataLab serves as a hub for researchers and students from across domains at UC Davis who are interested in data science and pushing the envelope of research in the digital age. Our team works on a range of diverse, cutting-edge, collaborative projects and provides data science consultation, training, and other research support services across the university. DataLab’s data scientists support academic research by identifying and implementing practical solutions to pressing data science challenges.
Our data scientists support academic research across the university by designing and implementing practical solutions to data science challenges. These positions are responsible for working on numerous diverse, cutting-edge, collaborative research projects, providing data science consultation and services/support for other projects and researchers, offering workshops to train students, staff, and faculty in data science methods and technologies, and developing general, reusable data science infrastructure, methods, software and tools. Ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge of applying statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems and also expertise and documented experience applying mixed effect models, time series analysis, data visualization, data technologies, high-level parallel computing, text mining, and natural language processing. Ideal candidate should be excited to aid data-enabled, multi-disciplinary research and to continually learn, share, and problem solve.
See job links, below, for required and preferred qualifications for each position. Both positions emphasize problem-solving, data manipulation, programming, and communication skills.
- Work in a top-ranked, collegial and inclusive academic environment
- Conduct cutting-edge research
- Contribute to social good
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life initiatives
- Generous benefits options
SENIOR RESEARCH DATA SCIENTIST
RESEARCH DATA SCIENTIST
- Position is open until filled. Final filing date is 25 August 2019.
- Candidates selected for first round interviews will be contacted late August-early September 2019.
- First round virtual interviews will be held in mid-September 2019.
- Candidates selected for final round interviews will be contacted contacted mid-September 2019.
- Final round in-person interviews will be held 1 October and 10 October 2019.
- Desired start date 1 November – 3 January 2019.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.