VSP Global is hiring a Data Scientist at their location inb Rancho Cordova, CA. Under general supervision, the data scientist models complex business problems and discovers business insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques. The data scientist conducts experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use. For more details and to apply visit their careers website.
Competitive applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or related functional area; or equivalent experience
- Eight years of demonstrated data analytics and/or data science experience including experience with big data analysis tools and techniques. Preferably in successfully executing data science projects in one or more of the following domains/business functions: risk modeling, customer behavior prediction, customer journey analytics, marketing analytics, target marketing, churn management, e-commerce platforms, financial risk analytics, logistics/supply chain. With a Master’s degree or higher, six or more years of relevant experience required.
- Experience building and deploying predictive models, web scrapping, and scalable data pipelines
- Experience using statistical modeling and machine learning to solve complex business problems.
- Experience in data discovery/analysis platforms such as, SPSS Modeler, KNIME or similar.
- Coding knowledge and experience in languages such as, R, Python/Jupyter, SAS, Java, Scala, C++, etc.
- Experience with database programing languages such as, SQL, PL/SQL and others for relational databases and preferably experience in nonrelational databases such as, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra and others.
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Strategic skills, business acumen and curiosity to support envisioning work, program planning and strategic partnerships
- Ability to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment the in performance of his/her job duties.
- Remain current in field, including new techniques, approaches and software available.